Enjoy unlimited digital access to the New York Times courtesy of NPL! Access includes the National, International, Chinese and Spanish editions, including articles, blog posts, videos and virtual reality content. All you need to access this service is a free account at NYTimes.com.
Access to NYT in the Library
- Connect to the Library’s WiFi or use a public library computer.
- First-time users will need to register for a free account at NYTimes.com
- Returning users can log in at NYTimes.com and read unlimited articles.
Access to NYT Off-Site
- Use this unique link to receive 72 hours of unlimited access to the NY Times website and smartphone apps.
- One your access expires, return to this page to renew your access for another 72 hours.
Browse full digital copies of your favorite magazines in entertainment, news, fashion, technology, travel and more for free with your library card! eMagazines are displayed in the same format as print magazines but with additional bonus features like video, audio, and hyperlinks. eMagazines are always available, never expire, and can be stored indefinitely.
Our electronic collection is free and available to Norfolk residents, Norfolk property owners, Norfolk business owners, and those employed in Norfolk. Non-Norfolk Virginia residents can access the digital collection for an annual fee of $35.00. Please contact a Norfolk Public Library branch for more information.
Enjoy mobile apps for iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire, and Android
- America's News (Newsbank) - Newsbank provides access to U.S. news from local, regional, and national sources from printed and online newspapers, blogs, journals, newswires, broadcast transcripts and videos from 1978 to the present.
- Daily Press - Access full text of the Daily Press, magazines, books, Virginia and international newspapers, pictures, maps, TV and radio transcripts, and reference books from 1999 to the current.
- InfoTrac Newsstand - Provides access to more than 2,300 major U.S. regional, national, and local newspapers, as well as leading titles from around the world. It also includes thousands of images, radio, and TV broadcasts and transcripts.
- The New York Times (in-library use) - Enjoy unlimited digital access to the New York Times courtesy of NPL! Access includes the National, International, Chinese and Spanish editions, including articles, blog posts, videos and virtual reality content. All you need to access this service is a free account on NYTimes.com.
- The New York Times (remote access) - For off-site access, register for a free account on NYTimes.com and use this unique link. More details on our eMagazine & Newspapers page.
- Norfolk Journal and Guide 1921-2003 - Access historical articles from the Norfolk Journal and Guide, 1921-2003.
- News Magazines - Access popular news magazines such as The New Yorker, Parenting, Newsweek, Smithsonian, and 24 others.
- ProQuest Student Resources - Historical New York Times (1851-2010), Wall Street Journal (1889-1996), Washington Post (1877-1997), Los Angeles Times (1881-1990), The Christian Science Monitor (1908-2000)
- Research Rocket - Access kid-friendly articles that explore events and facts with designated reading levels including games, pictures, and activities.
- Virginian-Pilot 4/1/1990 to Current (NewsBank) - Full-text articles about local news, issues, events, people and much more from current and archived issues of the Virginian-Pilot. Images in this collection begin with January 1, 2018.