We're here to help! Our calendar includes regular programs for resume help and job search training. Listed below our calendar events are links to popular job search sites as well as career information.
We've also partnered with Norfolk Works to bring you Office Ready Certified: workplace-focused training series for developing or improving Microsoft Office skills.
- Date: 12/04/2015 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Location: Little Creek Library
7853 Tarpon Pl.
Norfolk, Virginia 23518
Just graduated? Going back to work? Just laid off? Trying to get a promotion?
Your resume layout and text matter. Make sure your resume is the best reflection of you!
Join staff from Opportunity, INC.--they will be visiting the library each month to provide you with FREE resume writing help.
*Registration Required* --- to sign up call 441-1751 or email email@example.com
Local Job Search Sites
- City Job Listings:
- Hampton Roads Career Connection
- Norfolk Redevelopment & Housing Authority Job Opportunities
- Opportunity Inc. (Hampton Roads Employment Resources)
Statewide Job Search Sites
- eleVAte (Virginia Workforce Network)
- Virginia State Government Job Opportunities
- Virginia Employment Commission
- Virginia Workforce Connection
Nationwide Job Search Sites
- CoolWorks (Seasonal and Summer Jobs)
- Chronicle of Higher Education (Academic Job Opportunities)
- Job-Applications.com (Printable Job Applications & Employment Forms)
- LinkedIn Job Search Engine
- LinkUp (Direct Listings from Company Websites)
- Martindale-Hubbell Career Center from Lexis-Nexis
Job opportunities from law firms, corporations, and other employers of legal talent.
- Monster (Job Listings, Tools, and Tips for Employment)
- Neuvoo (National job aggregator)
- Snagajob (Hourly Job Opportunities)
- Thingamajob (Contract, Temp-to-Perm and Direct Placement Jobs)
- USA Jobs (Federal Government Employment Opportunities)
- ZipRecruiter (National job search site)
Library Job Sites
- American Library Association
Nationwide source for jobs in Library & Information Science & Technology
- I Need a Library Job eResource Center
A community of information professionals working together to help you find a job
A free and easy-to-use online resume-building site.
- CTI Career Search
Details on hundreds of careers, including salary data by occupation and city, required educational levels, career videos and stories from people currently on the job.
- General Schedule (GS) Positions -- Qualification Standards
General qualifications for federal jobs from the United States Office of Personnel Management.
- Inside Career Info
Insight and perspective from professionals with real life, on-the-job experience in a variety of industries.
- LinkedIn Internship Search Tooll
Use the power of LinkedIn to take the first step in your professional career with the internship finder.
- LinkedIn Salary Search Tool
Explore salaries by job title and location. See how years of experience, industry, location and more can impact your salary.