The Norfolk Public Library now provides book club kits. Each kit contains everything your book club needs to enjoy reading and discussing your next book. The book kits are currently available for check out at two library locations, Pretlow Anchor Branch Library and Little Creek Branch Library.
Each kit contains:
- 10 copies of a book
- Discussion questions for the book
- Author biography
- Book sign-up sheet for leader to keep track of the books
How do I borrow a Book Club Kit?
Your book club must be registered in order to borrow a book club kit. Forms are available in the library or online.
To find out if a specific title is available, call the Pretlow Anchor Branch at 441-1750 or Little Creek Branch at 441-1751. These items do not appear in the online catalog.
Please review the Policy below prior to borrowing a Book Club Kit.
Borrowing Policy for Club Read Book Club Kits
- Kits may be checked out for 8 weeks. They are not renewable. Overdue fines are $1.00 a day for kits.
- Holds may not be placed for kits in the catalog. Patrons will need to call the branch to check kit availability.
- The kit will be checked out on the library card of the person picking up the kit. The patron is completely responsible for the kit and all of its contents.
- The kit must be returned with all the parts included. Individual members of a book club may not return copies to the library. Book club kits may not be returned in the book drop.
- The replacement cost for an entire kit depends on the cost of each book in the kit.
- Book clubs may only borrow one kit at a time.
For questions about the Club Read Book Club Kits, please contact Melanie Greene (Little Creek Branch Library, 441-1751).
Book Club Kits Available at Little Creek Branch Library (441-1751)
- Twisted by Tracy Brown
- Home Wrecker by Dwayne Joseph
- Midnight by Sister Souljah
Book Club Kits Available at Larchmont Branch Library (441-5335)
- Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
Book Club Kits Available at Pretlow Anchor Branch Library (441-1750)
- The Whole Truth by David Baldacci
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- Hold Tight by Harlan Coben
- The Front by Patricia Cornwell
- Compulsion by Jonathan Kellerman
- Guilty by Karen Robards
Book Club Kits Available at Storage
- Say You’re One of Them by Uwem Akpan
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns
- Tell No One: A Novel by Harlan Coben
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines
- Barrio Boy by Ernesto Galarza
- Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Hemingses of Monticello: An American Family by Annette Gordon-Reed
- Water for Elephants: A Novel by Sara Gruen
- The Maltese Falcon (includes The Thin Man and Red Harvest) by Dashiell Hammett
- Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace -- One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch with Jeffrey Zaslow
- 90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death & Life by Don Piper with Cecil Murphey
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan
- Pygmalion: A Romance in Five Acts by George Bernard Shaw
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
- Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
- Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
- The Shack: A Novel by William P. Young